CareersForward is actively seeking an experienced General Manager immediate placement within a recognized HQSR brand in the Gretna, LA market.
Targeted base compensation for this position is market competitive plus bonus opportunity. Additional benefits will include health benefits and 401k.
Qualifications for this opportunity are as listed;
The General Manager is responsible for executing the restaurant plan to achieve established standards, sales and profits as well as providing excellent guest service, preparing high quality food and maintaining a clean work environment. This is done primarily by staffing, personnel training, operating and maintaining the restaurant such that guest satisfaction is maximized.
The General Manager exhibits corporate values as well as the leadership and technical competencies necessary to be successful in the position.
Sales and Profits
- Meets budgeted sales and controllable costs targets, reviews inventory, and reconciles order/invoices
- Develops sales building strategies to increase restaurant profitability
- Controls all aspects of P&Ls, analyzes the data and develops appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends in controllable items, QSC, sales and profits
- Develops (with District Manager) and executes a local store marketing plan in response to market conditions such as competitor pricing and other competitor activities
- Responds to competitor activities aimed at diverting restaurant business
- Develops and executes plans to improve sales and profits
- Determines staffing requirements and ensures hiring processes result in accurate staffing levels as well as shifts are staffed at the appropriate levels
- Ensures restaurant personnel are trained to execute products to company standards(Quality, Service and Cleanliness) and ensure the use of restaurant “systems” for QSC and cost controls
- Trains employees to identify problems and develop alternative solutions
- Trains employees on running effective shifts, coaches and develops their employees and creates engagement within the restaurant
- Accurately maintains company records
- Reviews trends in turnover and meets turnover goals
- Understands employment laws, manages employee performance and the employee complaint and resolution process
- Conducts weekly meetings to discuss key business priorities
- Provides feedback regularly to employees on their performance and annually, completes the performance review process
Education & Licensing
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred.
- Food Safety certified
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Over 2 years restaurant management experience, preferably in quick service restaurants
- Microsoft Office and general systems experience required
The ideal candidate will demonstrate progressive career responsibilities and have held in prior work experiences, like and similar duties.
For consideration regarding an opportunity as a General Manager, please submit your resume and information. If your skill set is a fit to a role that we are looking to fill, you will be contacted directly by a member of the CareersForward team.