CareersForward is actively seeking an experienced Sr. Director of Company Operations for immediate placement within a recognized HQSR brand. This role will help to lead and support a growing territory.
Targeted base compensation for this position is $160,000 plus bonus opportunity. Additional benefits will include health benefits, 401k, car allowance and potentially relocation assistance if required.
The Sr. Director of Company Operations would be home based out of one of the following geographic locations, covering the areas/cities listed below.
Qualifications for this opportunity are as listed;
The Sr. Director of Company Operations is responsible for supervising restaurant Directors, Regional Managers and District Managers, overseeing the operations of a territory. The Sr. Director of Company Operations ensures maximum sales and profitability through sales activities, Guest service, cost controls, marketing programs and people management.
A Sr. Director of Company Operations is responsible for supervising and overseeing the operations of multiple markets with around 50 -75 restaurants under his or her scope of responsibility.
Leads a team of Directors and Regional Managers to ensure that key business targets are achieved
- Establishes short & long-term goals and objectives for the company restaurant business units that align with business, culture, and practices
- Assesses talent and builds strategies to ensure bench strength and individual/team development to align talent with future growth
- Identifies clear practices and opportunities to ensure adoption and accountabilities of systems, practices, processes and policies
- Establishes effective communication practices to ensure teams understand accountability, ensures support and provides ongoing engagement in business requirements and objectives
- Builds road-map to define and execute success utilizing tools such as business plans, talent development, training systems, food safety systems, etc..
- Establishes relationships and partners with supporting functional teams (Finance, Operations Services and IT, Franchise Operations, HR, Training, and Marketing) to ensure alignment with the needs of company restaurants
- Executes on budgeted sales targets and develops sales building strategies to be accountable for increased restaurant profitability
- Analyzes company restaurants and develops plan of action to improve people, guest, operational and financial results on an ongoing basis
- Proactively develops, trains, coaches and leads director, regional and management level talent to minimize turnover, promote within to enable growth, elevate performance and deliver best-in-class results
- Provides strategic direction and business planning to Company Operations Directors to achieve financial goals around sales, labor, food costs, G&A and other P&L items
- Effectively plans procedures, establishes responsibilities, and coordinates functions amongst departments and markets to ensure everyone understands the expectations and has a plan at the Regional level to achieve safe sustainable growth.
- Effectively communicates with Guests, regional managers and operating partners as required in an effort to support continuous improvement and operations.
- Develops and executes both localized and generalized marketing plans in response to market conditions such as competitor activities and/or new restaurant openings or reimages.
- Establishes and executes staffing, learning, and development strategies to ensure the restaurants are operated efficiently and within budget
- Embraces leadership development and ensures talent development activities are ongoing.
- Ensures the Directors, Regional Managers and District Managers maintain food quality, safety, and product standards.
- Implements the highest levels of Guest satisfaction by improving and sustain Guest service results to meet a standard of excellence and continue growth of the brand
- Ensures new product roll-outs or tests are completed and executed to standards
- Leads Restaurant teams and visits Restaurants regularly to provide on-site inspections and audits to ensure that all aspects of the business meet environmental (People, Equipment, Building) guidelines and standards
- Analyzes reports, reviews trends, develops plans, and coaches team to impact Restaurant Operations for positive growth
- Ensures that Company Operations Directors, Regional Managers and District Managers focus on building a people focused culture by understanding and taking action on turnover trends and create retention strategies within the restaurants.
- Ensures proper staffing compliments and accurate sales forecasts for restaurants
- Identifies performance issues, develops solutions, assesses performance trends, manages the grievance process and provides escalated assistance to resolve problems and training to proactively address issues as needed.
At least 10 years of multi-unit HQSR restaurant management and/or training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience managing a 50+ store market.
Proven experience building engaging teams and a people focused culture that delivered results
Proven ability to attract, develop and grow talent to equip an organization capable of growing the business long term.
Proven experience having full P&L responsibility, including demonstrated leadership in growing revenue and optimizing profits through operating improvements and efficiencies.
Microsoft Office and general system experience required
Ability to travel 75% - 100% of the time within a regional market - to include some overnight travel
The ideal candidate will demonstrate progressive career responsibilities and have held in prior work experiences, like and similar duties.
For consideration regarding an opportunity as a Sr. Director of Company Operations, please submit your resume and information. If your skill set is a fit to a role that we are looking to fill, you will be contacted directly by a member of the CareersForward team.