CareersForward is actively seeking an experienced District Manager for immediate placement within a nationally recognized HQSR brand in the St. Louis market. This role will help to lead and support an established territory.
Targeted base compensation for this position is $65,000 plus a 13 period bonus opportunity. Additional benefits will include health benefits, 401k, and paid time off.
Qualifications for this opportunity are as listed;
A District Manager is responsible for supervising restaurant General Managers and overseeing the operations of a area of responsibility as well as providing excellent guest service, preparing high quality food and maintaining a clean work environment. The District Manager ensures maximum sales and profitability through sales activities, guest service, cost controls, marketing programs and people management.
A District Manager is responsible for supervising General Manager's and overseeing the operations of multiple unit locations, typically up to 10 unit locations.
The District Manager exhibits leadership and technical competencies necessary to be successful in this position.
Sales and Profits
- Meets budgeted sales and controllable costs targets
- Partners with General Managers to develop sales building strategies to increase restaurant profitability
- Works with restaurant managers to develop plans for controlling all aspects of P&Ls at a restaurant level and provides guidance on troubleshooting restaurant level issues.
- Develops (with Company Operations Director) and executes a district-wide local store marketing plan in response to market conditions such as competitor pricing and other competitor activities
- Responds to competitor activities aimed at diverting restaurant business
- Develops and executes plans to improve sales and profits
- Analyzes the P&L and other tools to develop appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends in controllables, QSC, sales and profits
Guests (Guest & Restaurant Operations)
- Works with managers to train employees on responding to guest complaints and providing a high level of guest service while meeting guest service times and company targets
- Reviews guest feedback metrics and works with managers to increase guest satisfaction
- Sets district budget goals monthly and meets regularly with their team to discuss current budget trends, communicating any variances to Company Operations Director
- Works with General Managers to identify, evaluate and respond appropriately to labor efficiency problems, cash/security issues, and health department inspections
- Ensures that company standards for product quality and product safety are consistently met and oversees execution of restaurant cleaning plans, maintenance plans and operational checklists
- Monitors and verifies inventory levels to ensure product availability; orders products, and receives inventory and stores products as required
- Accurately maintains company records
- Implements safety guidelines and practices, ensuring that they are followed through at all levels in the restaurant
- Maintains, modifies as necessary, and utilizes restaurant systems to provide consistent
- operations and Guest satisfaction
- Determines management staffing requirements and creates a pool of talent for bench strength
- Ensures restaurant personnel are trained to execute products to company standards(Quality,
- Service and Cleanliness) and ensure the use of restaurant “systems” for QSC and cost controls
- Trains managers to identify problems and develop alternative solutions
- Trains and develops managers on running effective shifts, coaching and developing their employees and creating engagement within the restaurant and market
- Reviews trends in turnover and meets turnover goals
- Understands and complies with employment laws and administrative requirements and ensures that the managers are in compliance
- Works with managers on performance concerns and manages the employee complaint and resolution process, addressing escalated issues as required
- Conducts managers’ meetings regularly to discuss key business priorities
- Provides feedback regularly to managers on their performance and annually, completes the performance review process
Education & Licensing
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred.
- Food Safety certified
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous District Manager/Multi-Unit Operator HQSR experience preferred
- At least two years of General Manager experience with direct P & L accountability required
- Microsoft Office and general system experience required
The ideal candidate will demonstrate progressive career responsibilities and have held in prior work experiences, like and similar duties.
For consideration regarding an opportunity as a District Manager, please submit your resume and information. If your skill set is a fit to a role that we are looking to fill, you will be contacted directly by a member of the CareersForward team.